- Be a listener.
- Be open-minded.
- Be willing to talk.
- Be inclusive and invite LGBTQIAAP friends to hang out with your friends and family.
- Be supportive of those who need your help in their coming-out process.
- Be outspoken against anti-Queer comments and communicate that you find them offensive.
- Confront your own prejudices, even if it is uncomfortable to do so.
- Defend your LGBTQIAAP friends against discrimination.
- Believe that all people, regardless of gender identity and sexual orientation, should be treated with dignity and respect.
- If you see discrimination at the workplace, report it!
- Don’t invalidate queer experiences but amplify them.
- Don’t be a mouthpiece for anyone who isn’t ready to come out yet; respect their privacy & time to communicate their coming out on their own.
- Don’t be afraid to ask about issues and terminologies to become a socially aware, proactive Ally.
Cheers to becoming
an awesome Ally